Information for those submitting information to the WW Bickerstaff/e pages
Hello and welcome. My name is Bruce Bickerstaff and I am the editor of the WW Bickerstaff/e pages. I have posted this particular page to provide relevant information concerning the page in a way which should save time for all concerned.
I would like to invite you to submit information to me for inclusion in the page. It is open to everyone who is a Bickerstaff or Bickerstaffe or who has one in their ancestry. There is no charge for this and I am doing this on a purely voluntary and not-for-profit basis.
A checklist for those writing to me
Before you press that "Send Immediately" button, have you ...
- Stated who you are and how you fit into the Bickerstaff mosaic ?
- Written 3-4 paragraphs about yourself including a mixture of genealogical facts and figures, current family news and your own background, and a smattering of fun/humour ? OK, well try anyway :)
- Provided some form of contact for yourself other than a single email address ? (It is not uncommon for my email responses to bounce back at me). If you have a web page then please let me know the address.
- Told me which parts of your message I can post on the page (ie. only para 1, not your street address, etc, etc). If you don't say anything then I will assume I can post it all up.
Please, please, do not send big attachments with your emails without first checking with me. My concern here is twofold, virus danger plus I just don't have the time/patience to wait for massive 20 minute + downloads.
- Please advise me if you change your email address (or other contact details as relevant). You will note that many of the Bick's on this site do not have their email addresses listed. In most cases this is because the email addresses they originally provided are no longer operational. This is a bit disappointing given that it often removes the opportunity for further networking.
- Submit updated information over time so that your posting is not static, eg. as you uncover new geneaological information, are imprisoned, have new children, etc, etc. It would be nice to at least receive an annual "I'm still alive" message.
- Let other Bickerstaffs/Bickerstaffes know about the page
- Feel free to email other Bickerstaffs listed on the pages, and if you like send me a copy, so that I can see / keep track of what's happening and basically get some feedback.
- Let me know if there is a problem with your information after I paste it into the page, or if there are technical problems with the WW Bick pages.
- If you put a link in your site to the WW Bickerstaff/e pages, then please only use this address:
Thank you for your attention
bruceb_is (at) lycos.com
To go back to the WW Bickerstaff web site entry page
Bruce R Bickerstaff Copyright © 2002 - 2012
Last updated June 2010